Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Moisturizing Body Scrub

The body scrubs you buy in the store are full of synthetic materials. I'm betting if you tried to read all the ingredients, you wouldn't even be able to pronounce them...much less know what they do to you. Our skin is the largest organ in our bodies. It absorbs everything you put on it. For that reason, I like to stick with homemade body lotions and soaps that I know exactly what's in it. I've been getting all my stuff at the Farmers' market, but want to start being able to make all my own stuff. I found this recipe for a body scrub and had to try it. You will not be disappointed. This scrub leaves your skin exfoliated, moisturized, and soooo smooth. You have to try it! 


Moisturizing Coffee Scrub 
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 cup used coffee grounds from a fresh pot of coffee
Mix all together. I put it in an old butter container that I had from back in the days when I used to think margarine was healthy. :P


Let me know if you try it and what you think!



It looks like tar...or sludge... but the fresh coffee smell when you open the lid makes up for it's bad looks.

1 comment:

  1. HI Rebecca! My mom tried it and yes the smell did make up for the bad look! :)

    ReplyDelete