Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Detox Drink

If you're like me, you probably get the "2pm munchies". Some days it'll be a craving for a specific sweet or salty thing and other days it can just be anything...I just want to eat. This = diet disaster!!! When I read about this detox drink here, I wasn't too sure about trying it. It doesn't sound like it'd taste too good. But when I finally got up the nerve to try it, I loved it. I've had it every afternoon for about 2 weeks now and every day it tastes better and better. lol.

I start with a bottle like this:

Fill it up with 3 cups of water and lots of ice. It tastes better cold.

Click on the links to each ingredient to see what the health and detox benefits are.

Next add 2 tblsp fresh squeezed lemon juice, 2 tblsp apple cider vinegar, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Add stevia to taste. If you have the stevia packets, use the whole packet. If you have the liquid, add 3-4 drops. Make sure to shake and mix everything well!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not into detox drinks. But I would totally drink this, just because it sounds yummy! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With breast-feeding its hard to get enough water and I'm nearly always hungry these days so I'm gonna give this a go...thanks Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've heard of this before and really wanted to try it but lost the recipe... thank you! Good stuff here, dear! P.S. In SD... will write you soon1 xo

    ReplyDelete