Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Finger Painting

Today we decided to do something fun and different. Searching my Pintrest boards, I found a non toxic homemade recipe and was so excited to give it a try.

It's just 2 tblsp of sugar, 1/3 cup of flour, and 2 cups of water. Heat it slowly in a saucepan until it's thick and add food coloring!

I taped newspaper to the table and excitedly called Elliott in the room to come finger paint. I didn't think about the fact that he hates food on his hands or face, hates being muddy and hates even the tiniest bit of dirt in his shoes. So what did he think about finger painting?




When I told him we were all done, he finally gave me one good picture.



Oh well, it was fun getting to make the finger paint and hopefully I'll have a kid somewhere down the road that will actually like getting messy. ;)

2 comments: