Thursday, June 2, 2011

Homemade Bread

I have been trying to make bread in the oven for awhile now, but it never turns out right. On Monday I got a $7.50 bread machine (I love a bargain!) at the thrift store. I just made my first loaf of bread and am so excited to find out that the bread machine works perfectly! The bread tastes amazing!!! I am so excited to try all different recipes and now I will make all our bread. Here is the recipe I used for this time:


Whole Wheat Bread
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons powdered milk
2 tablespoons butter (use whole/real butter!)
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
3 1/3 cups whole wheat flour 
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast

In a saucepan, add the water and milk until warm. Pour in mixing bowl and add all ingredients in the order listed. Mix together and put into bread machine. Press start and 4 hours later, you have yummy, healthy homemade bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment