Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Little Update

I know it has been awhile since my last post. That's because I have not been able to think of anything to write about. Life is basically just surviving each day, trying to not throw up all the time and taking care of a 16 month old. And I have no recipes or healthy tips to share because my main meals consist of spaghetti o's, KFC, macaroni and cheese, and chips. And while most sweet thing make me gag, I must confess that I did spend one breakfast eating almost the whole box of thin mints.















Elliott and Zach aren't eating much better. Pretty much just living off cereal and frozen meals. Man, it really is true that you forget all the bad parts of pregnancy (and I'm sure labor too) until you go through it again. The thing I was most bummed to find out is that the medication that was my miracle pill with Elliott, isn't working this time around. It worked for a week or two, but now does nothing. So I'm on my own to tough it out. I'm 13 weeks today (yay! officially done with the first trimester!) and figure I have about 7 more weeks to go before I feel normal again. Ughhh, 7 long weeks.

Keeping Elliott busy has been easier since he is starting to finally play by himself. But still, we have our routines like watching a Blue's Clues every morning.



(Sorry these pictures are blurry. I was having a hard time getting the pictures from my phone upload right on the blog so I just copied and pasted them which made them blurry, but the other way was freezing up and I didn't have the patience. haha!)

And he happens to love baths and I like being able to just sit there and watch him so he's been taking tons of those.



Of course when daddy gets home, it means lots of play time and running around and going for walks while I rest which is wonderful.






Zach, like always, is so understanding and never says anything about the piles of laundry, stinky dirty dishes, messy house, and me (and sometimes Elliott too) still being in our pjs when he gets home from work. I know it's been hard on him too. Especially since I have been pretty grumpy and irritable and everyone and everything is bugging me...I'm going to blame it on the hormones and the fact that I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep in forever. ;-P

But overall things have been good. Being sick means the baby is healthy so I can't complain. Because I've been feeling so awful though, I've been dragging my feet about setting up doctor appointments so we haven't heard the heartbeat or had an ultrasound yet. I have an appointment on Monday so hopefully we can get an ultrasound set up soon.

So that's a short little update of our simple, but not so healthy life. :)



1 comment:

  1. girl, i'm so sorry and i totally understand!!! take care of yourself and baby. glad that you have a wonderful hubby to help take care of you and elliott! xoxo

    ReplyDelete