Every morning I wake up and have a glass of lemon water. I'll admit, the first couple times it tastes really sour. But you get used to it and now I actually like the taste.
So why should you drink fresh squeezed lemon water first thing every day?
Thursday, December 29, 2011
1. Although lemon tastes acidic, it actually is one of the more alkaline foods you can eat. It reduces the acidity level in your body and balances your ph level.
2. Lemons also make a great antibacterial AND antiviral drink. It's good for preventing disease since it also will build your immune system. But also drink lots of it if you are sick! They also are one of the highest fruits in vitamin C. Yup, even more than oranges.
3. It's great for the digestive system. It destroys harmful intestinal worms, and cleans your digestive track.
4. Because of the high vitamin C content, it helps your body absorb calcium better which leads to strong bones and teeth.
5. Lemons are high in potassium- even more than apples or grapes- which leads to a stronger, healthier heart.
6. Lemon water is a good weight loss drink as it detoxes and cleanses not only your digestive track, but also your liver and kidneys. Keeping everything working properly helps your body quickly digest the food you eat and not let it sit around and turn into fat.
7. Helps give you clearer, better, healthier skin. It is known to clear up acne with its antibacterial effects. For me, since drinking lemon water, I've noticed my skin is more moisturized and I don't have problems with dry or flakey skin.
8. Drinking lemon juice will also take away canker sores.
9. Lemons also give you energy. Long distance walkers or runners claim lemon juice got them through the last tough half. One of the first men to climb Mt. Everest said that lemons were his secret to making it to the top. This is another good reason to have this drink first thing every morning as it helps wake you up and start your day.
10. You can also drink lemon water all throughout the day if you have problems with indigestion or constipation as it will relieve both in just a few minutes. The warmer the water for treating both of these, the better!
So only 10 min of your time each morning and you get all of these benefits!
Always juice one lemon and add at least 8oz of water too it. Drinking straight lemon juice isn't good for the enamel on your teeth. I dilute it even more so it isn't as sour. I add about 10- 12oz of room temperature water to it.